Hardly Vintage - But lots of DDR3 RAM available

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Hardly Vintage - But lots of DDR3 RAM available

Postby Gibsaw on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

As part of the shutdown of NDC, I have a whole bunch of DDR3.

Mostly these IBM 2GB Modules.

Anyone have any interest?

Speaking of "hardly vintage"... Tezza, occasionally people have non-vintage things of interest to the denizens of this board. What do you want to do with these? do you think a non-vintage available/wanted category would be useful? Or too much in the wrong direction?
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: Hardly Vintage - But lots of DDR3 RAM available

Postby tezza on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Gibsaw wrote:As part of the shutdown of NDC, I have a whole bunch of DDR3.

Mostly these IBM 2GB Modules.

Anyone have any interest?

Speaking of "hardly vintage"... Tezza, occasionally people have non-vintage things of interest to the denizens of this board. What do you want to do with these? do you think a non-vintage available/wanted category would be useful? Or too much in the wrong direction?

Well...we've got to be careful. I don't want the board to lose focus and become just a general used goods techie board..especially when it comes to buy and sell. Making a separate forum would encourage that.

You're are a regular contributor who does have a genuine interest in vintage computers. You've also flagged the goods as being not really vintage (as defined for this Board). As many forum users/readers HAVE an interest in OLD computers, not just vintage ones I'm happy for this kind of buy/sell post to appear from time to time from members under those forums.

I think that's the best policy right now. If it gets out of control (i.e. lots of old (not vintage) stuff starts to appear from people who are JUST second-hand traders) I'll have to tighten things up.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby Carcenomy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Registered ECC DDR3 modules... eesh that makes them a little more specific and niche. How much are we talking?
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby Gibsaw on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 am

Not really too sure. If no-one here needs any, I was gonna throw one or two on TM for $50 ea and see how that goes.

Do you have a use for some? I'm open to suggestions/offers/swaps. If someone had a working XT compatible keyboard, I'd be happy.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby Carcenomy on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

There's 4GB of DDR3 on my coffee table 'cause I can't give the stuff away since I upgraded my machine, and I'm kind of scarce on XT keyboards at the moment - Ideally I'd like a nice Commodore XT keyboard to go with my PC10 myself. DDR3's cheap as chips now, the redeeming feature of yours is that it's registered so it's the bees knees for servers etc. My machine is currently fitted with Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 4GB modules, they were $90 for a pair for reference.

I'll keep a look out in case I do have any XT keyboards kicking around though, I have loads of old keyboards but I fear most of them will be 104 key at the oldest.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Return to Vintage Items Available