Switch to full style

"From Bedrooms to Billions" doco on second funding round

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

"From Bedrooms to Billions" doco on second funding round

by kevman3d » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 am

If anybodies interested, the documentary "From bedrooms to billions" are on another kickstarter funding round to raise money to finish editing and master their film. Apparently all the interviews have been done - there's some great snippets on their Youtube channel in case you want a nostalgiac flashback to those developers/musicians of your favorite 8-bit game.

Great flashback to the good old days of the bedroom games coder (in case nobody knew about this documentary in development) in the early 80's. Some of the higher pledges also have boxed and signed machines/software. Great stuff... :D
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Re: "From Bedrooms to Billions" doco on second funding round

by lizardb0y » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

They've set a stretch target of £100K to upgrade all copies to a 2-Disc special edition.
lizardb0y / Andrew
Just another 8-bit hustler

blog: http://www.vintage8bit.com
twitter: @vintage8bit
google+: http://gplus.to/lizardb0y
trademe: andrew9 - over 500 positive trades.
lizardb0y

Re: "From Bedrooms to Billions" doco on second funding round

by kevman3d » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 pm

100k is a lot - But they raised 30k pretty quickly in this funding round (and they were only looking for 18k).

I was tempted to pledge something to update my DVD pledge to a Bluray, but then I thought how interviews at High Def really equates to "Oooh, its so crisp I can see all the skin pores". I can live with the standard def, and I don't really have cash to throw around at the moment anyway. :lol:

Still, a doco I'm looking forward to seeing...
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d