Hello from Paris, France!

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Hello from Paris, France!

Postby fbal on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:23 am

I'm new to this forum, but not new to vintage computers. So far, I have been mainly participating to french forums, and Next or SGI dedicated forums.

My interest is mainly in Apple hardware and in workstations (SGI, SUN, HP, DEC...), or systems that I was dreaming to have when I was younger, but could not as they were too expensive for me e.g. HP87. A long, long time ago (when I was 14 years old), my parents bought my first computer i.e. a "used" Commodore PET 2001 with 8Kb only (unfortunately sold some years after :( ). I spent hours playing with it and had so much fun that I decided to become a software engineer (although I'm now involved more in project management in the area of Air Traffic Control than programming).

That being said, I'm sure you're wondering why I joined the New Zealand Vintage Computer Forum (Paris is a bit far away, isn't it).

That's simple.

First of all I discovered Terry's website with a lot of useful information, tips & tricks. Secondly I'm especially interested by SORD computers (machines I was dreaming to have because of their amazing look...). Apparently SORD computers were less rare in New Zealand than in Europe. At least some forum members own such models, in particular SORD M23. I would be more than happy to share experience.

I had recently the opportunity to find some of these machines in France, but it's a different story I will tell you in a dedicated post... :wink:

Really happy to join the forum !

Best regards,

Franck
fbal

Re: Hello from Paris, France!

Postby tezza on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks for that introduction Franck. Welcome to the forums!

Yes, one of our members here was a SORD enthusiast. His username is arjoll. You might like to contact him via the message system in case he misses your post here.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions