Greetings from another Apple Aficionado!

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Greetings from another Apple Aficionado!

Postby coogie on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 am

Spotted this site a while ago in my travels to find out more about some of my collection. I must say you have done a great job Terry in putting this all together, much appreciated :-)

Being a child of the 70's my parents were finally persuaded into purchasing an apple II compatible Disk Smith CAT (I still have this) with all the bells and whistles RGB monitor dual drives etc. This was a year or so after my brothers and I trialed a ZX81 but got frustrated when our programs were not able to be saved, especially since it took half an afternoon to type them in.... I seem to recall one of us accidentally typing too hard and dislodging the powerplug from the socket - definite torture! Gotta love those rubbery keys ;-)

I have been collecting apple gear for the past 6 years, with the hope of getting a good going example of each machine from the 80's up and running. Of cause as others have commented this leads to owning a number of machines to get to having one, good up and working beast and so the pile has grown... I still have some gaps in my collections notably an Apple III and the Apple 1 (no surprises there). Fair to say my collecting habits have been more focused around the apple II.

Will post a list in the collections area and I look forward to being apart of the forum.

Cheers

Steven
Warkworth
coogie

Re: Greetings from another Apple Aficionado!

Postby tezza on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome to the forums Steve!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions