MacNut

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

MacNut

Postby Beags on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 am

Hi Terry, I found your site after seeing a classic Mac on an online auction and decided to search for one for sale - preferably an SE/30. My history with Apple goes back to 1996 when I started to work for a company called Campus Computers in Auckland as a computer technician. One of my first jobs was to diagnose a seemingly dead Macintosh II. There was a really funky smell coming from it when I tried to boot, so I asked the customer and she said her cat sleeps on top of it and had probably pee-ed on it!!!
I have been working with Mac OS since the early days of System 7 right up to Mountain Lion - I find that the Mac makes sense to me, I get lost and frustrated with anything else, and I am bringing up the next generation (my kids) to be Mac people too.
I am no longer a full time tech but I still tinker and support some locals in my area and plan to one day have a proper Man Cave with all manner of working Macs to show off and play with.
MacBook Pro 13" 2GHz Core i7 (Business workhorse)
iMac 24" 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo (Home workhorse)
Indigo Clamshell 366 MHz G3 iBook (Classic workhorse)
IBook 500 MHz G3 (Homework workhorse)
Powerbook 520c (Project workhorse)
Beags

Re: MacNut

Postby tezza on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Beags and welcome to the Forums.

You'll find a few Apple (and even Apple Mac) enthusiasts here. I certainly enjoy my Mac SE/30 but I have to admit it's more the baby macs that do it for me rather than later ones. Those early Macs are iconic symbols of the late 1980s. :)
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby mrad01 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Beags wrote:Hi Terry, I found your site after seeing a classic Mac on an online auction and decided to search for one for sale - preferably an SE/30. My history with Apple goes back to 1996 when I started to work for a company called Campus Computers in Auckland as a computer technician. One of my first jobs was to diagnose a seemingly dead Macintosh II. There was a really funky smell coming from it when I tried to boot, so I asked the customer and she said her cat sleeps on top of it and had probably pee-ed on it!!!
I have been working with Mac OS since the early days of System 7 right up to Mountain Lion - I find that the Mac makes sense to me, I get lost and frustrated with anything else, and I am bringing up the next generation (my kids) to be Mac people too.
I am no longer a full time tech but I still tinker and support some locals in my area and plan to one day have a proper Man Cave with all manner of working Macs to show off and play with.

Cool! Another Machead! I've got a few Mac Pluses and an SE which I've had to do a lot of work to. They are outside my 8-bit collection, but old Macs are very cool.
mrad01

Postby Kitch on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Beags, I'm into my Apple Mac's as well. I'm more early ninety's and up Mac's, I have a few various models and a reasonable collection of Software and books. I spend most my time playing around with Commodore Amiga's but I have my Mac's there to play around with when I get too frustrated with the Amiga stuff and want something that just works.
Amiga 4000T's, 4000's, 3000T, 3000's, 2000's, 1200's, 1000's, 600's, 500's, CDTV and CD32's
Kitch

Return to Introductions