C64/Spectrum Voltage regulator IC's, on TM now.

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

C64/Spectrum Voltage regulator IC's, on TM now.

Postby mons2b on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

I am getting in some brand new voltage regulators for the C64. Only a handful. To register your interest in a set please send me a PM. If theres no interest here I will put them on TM. I will be fitting new caps and regulators and heat sinks to a C64 and will put up some photos here for those interested at some point. Thanks.

7805 Voltage Regulator
Replacement 5 volt regulator IC for the Spectrum and Commodore 64

7812 Voltage Regulator
Replacement 12 volt regulator for Commodore 64

thumb-9.jpg
thumb-9.jpg (1.7 KiB) Viewed 13363 times
Last edited by mons2b on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mons2b

Re: C64/Spectrum Voltage regulator IC's, register interest n

Postby mons2b on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:16 pm

If you would like a set. Link below. If your 30 year old regulators fail and short open your mainboard will suddenly see uncontrolled voltage and your CPU, PLA or SID chip could die. :( . I just have 9 sets.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1181513964
mons2b

Re: C64/Spectrum Voltage regulator IC's, on TM now.

Postby nzoomed on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 pm

One question about the 7805, i was thinking about using one of these myself to regulate the power from my c64 brick, but the specs on the datasheet say that it needs a minimum of 7v input to work, any ideas how this will work if the power supply is putting out say 5.9V?
nzoomed

Postby mons2b on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi NZ

Sorry I didnt see your message here till now. Inside the power supply it has one of those already. In my open supply I can see it clearly unfortunately it cooks to death in the solid brick supplies. Wait for my Jackulator gadget. You and the other chap will get the first two I make. The regulator ICs I had are for replacing the ones on your C64 mainboard if someone wanted to replace them. On some of my c64s they have been screwed to a heatsink in the factory and others its just left uselessly semi pressed to the motherboard. Jack prob walked down the production line and said what are those? Heat sinks? Wasteful. Stop that this instant. Lol. :)
mons2b

Postby nzoomed on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:32 am

mons2b wrote:Hi NZ

Sorry I didnt see your message here till now. Inside the power supply it has one of those already. In my open supply I can see it clearly unfortunately it cooks to death in the solid brick supplies. Wait for my Jackulator gadget. You and the other chap will get the first two I make. The regulator ICs I had are for replacing the ones on your C64 mainboard if someone wanted to replace them. On some of my c64s they have been screwed to a heatsink in the factory and others its just left uselessly semi pressed to the motherboard. Jack prob walked down the production line and said what are those? Heat sinks? Wasteful. Stop that this instant. Lol. :)

All good, look forward to getting it :)
nzoomed

Return to Vintage Items Available