Any PB150's, dead or alive

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

Any PB150's, dead or alive

Postby Beags on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Y'all, I did originally have a different iteration of this post in "Available" but have decided to put the parts that I do have to "good use". Do you have any Apple Powerbook 150's, dead or alive, in parts or whole, that are surplus to your requirements? I am basically finished with the PB520c build, just working on the last bits of software and an AAUI to RJ45 transceiver for internet and network, and am keen to start on my next laptop build. Back in the day I worked on many of these "beauties" and on a couple of occasions stripped them down to a shell to replace the logic board etc., and without fail booted first time once all back together. You can say what you like about the 150, IDE hard drive, no ADB port, etc. etc. but they have been many a people's cheap and affordable workhorse for years and years, and they just keep ticking! So, waddaya say, let me know either here or PM and we'll talk turkey!!!
MacBook Pro 13" 2GHz Core i7 (Business workhorse)
iMac 24" 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo (Home workhorse)
Indigo Clamshell 366 MHz G3 iBook (Classic workhorse)
IBook 500 MHz G3 (Homework workhorse)
Powerbook 520c (Project workhorse)
Beags

Re: Any PB150's, dead or alive

Postby Carcenomy on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Let me check in my shed. I don't know if it's still around, but I strongly remember having an early Powerbook somewhere in my stash.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby Beags on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am

Yes please!!!
Beags

Postby Beags on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Update: Purchased a PB150 from trademe with a 14mb RAM card and a 500mb HDD inside - nice upgrades! Cobbled all my good bits together but still haven't got a complete operating PB150 - screen is dead (Casio I think), flouro tube dud, and all my others are sharp and dead with good flouros, or is it the other way round? Anywho, I am still looking for a known good screen for my PB150 if there are any out there!
Beags

Postby Antz on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm

I have a PB160 that I talked to you about quite a while ago but I got busy and shifted and forgot til now. Since then I have also acquired a PB150 which wont start and has a damaged looking screen on it.

The PB160 seems to be working OK now (just started it today after my Mac Plus blew up), screen was blank initially but once it warmed up was able to use it. It is working well at this stage.

Im currently using PB160 to get all my old files off floppy disks onto my newer machines so the floppy drive is working well and the localtalk also. Once I have finished with it i thought you may be interested.

PB160 has more ports than the PB150 including an external monitor port so you could always steal the screen off it for your PB150 (I assume they are compatible) and have the PB160 going with an external monitor.
Antz

Return to Vintage Items Wanted