greetz

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

greetz

Postby cjr on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:38 pm

lots of new members already this year.. good to see a healthy community here.
the 80's were my first computing experiences, CMB's/PET's at high school (and an shiny new Apple IIe the last year I was there!) and at home there were a couple of vic-20's, then c64's saw me through to the early 90's. Commodore all the way (there wasn't much else about where I grew up, the odd atari 2600)

By the time I'd gone through my boozy early 20's with cars and other non-computer related activities it was back to the serious business of working in electronics doing repairs and fixing pc's and the plethora of home computers that had popped up when I wasn't looking.. amigas, amstrads, acorns, poly's, pc xt, at, and the early [2-4]86's. good times

These days, I'm still kicking around in IT and have found I'm still fairly interested in those missing years around the early 90's.. consequently there are 3 different amigas on the workbench now and a half working pair of 1084S's so I sure sem to have my work cut out. The consistent problem I'm having is with floppies, either drives or disks, it's tough to tell. :)
While I'm waiting for a test run with an HxC floppy emulator I've started the cleanup and restoration process and did my first retr0brighting last weekend with some pleasing results, still plenty to do though.. and more (MORE!) ingredients required. :)

Anyway, hi all.. pleased to see many of the people that are bidding on the auctions I'm watching are collectors and enthusiasts rather than dealers and 'investors' (grrr at rob1 wanting so much for that A2000HD ;) ).. I hope you guys leave some scraps for the spare parts seekers, hi welshwizard bidding on half my watchlist!

ok, enough about me.. see y'all around. (and maybe some of you again if there's another 'Wellington Region Vintage Computing meet')
Chris.
cjr

Re: greetz

Postby Carcenomy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey Chris, nice to meet ya.

If you hadn't picked up from other threads, I'm a Commodore guy who also dabbles with a bit of everything else. Good to see some Amigas getting some love, doesn't seem to be a lot of that on this board anyway! I look forward to some fun discussions to come.

Nick.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby tezza on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Hiya Chris,

Welcome to the forums. At some stage I'd like to get a HxC floppy emulator myself. I'd be interested in hearing how you find it.

You are in the Wellington region? There is quite an active cluster of enthusists from that area.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby cjr on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:46 pm

tezza wrote:You are in the Wellington region? There is quite an active cluster of enthusists from that area.

yes, we met at the Paraparaumu meet a few weeks back. :)
trademe:cjr
cjr

Postby SpidersWeb on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 pm

Welcome aboard :)
I'm newish too and another IT guy from Welly. Space limits my collection, so just hunting for specifics :)

and let me know if you need any DSDD 5.25's lol
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby tezza on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

cjr wrote:
tezza wrote:You are in the Wellington region? There is quite an active cluster of enthusists from that area.

yes, we met at the Paraparaumu meet a few weeks back. :)

Ah right. Got it!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions