Checking in =]

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Checking in =]

Postby bradman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey guys, like caluser2000, I'm a bit of a lurker and thought I'd join the cool little community you have here. Been checking your pages/forum for a while now Tezza, and I'm impressed with your collection, and the nice corner of the internet you have.

I'm a child of the 70's who has always loved computers - looking through Tezza's collection brings back many magazine ads for the various machines that I lusted after!

I had access to a few of the old stalwarts back in the day - friends had a commodore 64, BBC, sega sc3000 and I had an amstrad cpc 464 which I absolutely loved. I also had an ATARI 800XL, and an Atari 520ST. Man I wish I knew where they got to.

Anyway - these days I can't believe I threw out so many cool old computers.

The last year or so I've kept a bit of an eye on tardme and picked up a few retro items, and I got an old Macintosh SE in working order, and I'll be hitting the 'Repair and Restoration' forum with a few queries on the old SE.

I'm a bit of a 'make stuff' type, and I love the look of the commodore PET, so was always keen to make a replica PET style computer with modern internals.

Anyway, thats me =]

Always enjoy checking in here, especially SpidersWeb's efforts lately! I have a few oldish boxes disintegrating out in the shed, 386 odd machines or so, but I'll dig them out for a look. Definitely found some 72 pin simms the other day, though I was after 30 pin simms for the SE =]
bradman

Re: Checking in =]

Postby tezza on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forums. Thanks for thse kind words.

Are any of those ones you used to own now a target for acquisition? You do see Amstrads and Ataris appear on TradeMe occasionally. It's nostalgic fun to own those models that you used to back in the day. The NEC 8201a is a case in point. The TRS-80 Model 100, its sibling, is the REAL classic computer but hey...I can indulge myself now and again though right? :D

I have a dead SE here, so if you are short of any parts, I might well have them. I'm not going to try and ressurect it. I've got an SE/30 and that will do for me.

Anyway, feel free to post any vintage computer thoughts or adventures. :)
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby bradman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Hey Tezza =]

I hadn't seen that SE reference in your site, and its cool to look at it, as my SE looks the same. I thought the apple stickers on the side were something added afterwards, so was going to peel them off.

I also have a Macintosh Classic case, from a lot of 6(!) that I threw out a couple of years back - cant believe it now. None had KB or mice, but I wish I had them now! Plan is to put an x86 mobo and lcd.

I keep a sharp eye on tardme, and will snag an old cpc 464 if one comes up, like I say, I loved that machine.
bradman

Postby WelshWizard on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:42 pm

HI, good to see some one with an Atari background on here as well
WelshWizard

Return to Introductions