Dead-simple joystick

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

Dead-simple joystick

Postby xjas on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey all,

I need this sort of thing:

Platform/connector type/make doesn't matter. I don't even care if it 'works' although there's not much to fail on the kind I want. 2 standard pots, real springs to center it, that's all. If you've got one lying around I'd be happy to send a few dollars your way for it.

I'm going to modify it for a project so it probably shouldn't be anything "rare" or especially valuable.

I'm in central Auckland, closer to me the better, but can do shipping too...

Thanks!
xjas

Re: Dead-simple joystick

Postby manuka on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 am

OK I've put two joysticks up on trademe (links below) both use springs to center and the generic on you can set to use the springs or not.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =539790861
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =539790154
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Obviously it'll depend upon your project and budget and judging by your request, you may have a means of rejuvenating them, but maybe 30 year old, heavily worn potentiometers might not be the ideal solution.

It's worth mentioning though that joystick mounted potentiometers are readily available from a lot of electronics suppliers. (after all... joysticks didn't cease to have application with the end of the 8 bit era.)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby xjas on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

I was going to swap the pots themselves out actually (unless I get lucky and they're already the right resistance & in good shape.) I really only want the physical stick hardware.

@Manuka, saved to watchlist... I'd prefer to find something locally but if nothing comes up I might bid.
xjas

Return to Vintage Items Wanted