Hi from Nelson

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Hi from Nelson

Postby tmutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:31 am

Hi all

I'm not a collector but my Interest is in the c64, sadly I don't own one anymore (I gave mine away to a deserving child when my wife and I did our OE). But I'm on the lookout for another one.

I also have fond memories of using ZX81's and Apple IIe's (The latter at school).
tmutch

Re: Hi from Nelson

Postby tezza on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 am

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There are a few Commodore junkies here which I'm sure will have stories to swap. These units come up on Trade Me from time to time so there is a chance you might reacquire one.

As to the ZX-81. I'm producing a small video on the machine which will be on YouTube in the next day or so. Watch out for it.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Postby falco on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi - pity you're in Nelson, I have a big pile of C64 stuff (at least one working machine, a few good 1541-IIs, boxes of manuals, etc) that I'd like to see go to a good home. If you're coming to Auckland sometime soonish let me know.
falco

Postby Carcenomy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 am

I could possibly spare a 64, I have a couple of runners now. How much of the setup would you need?
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby tmutch on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Carcenomy and Falco

Thanks for the generous offers.

Falco, my stepbrother is living in Auckland and would be able to pick up the c64 stuff and bring it with him when he next returns to Nelson if that would work for you?
tmutch

Postby YetiSeti on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi, there are a whole lot of C64 games on trademe at the moment. Some of the best titles IMO. I reckon C64 computers are the most common to appear for sale on trademe after the Amiga 500. You would easily find a set up within a month or two of browsing the Computers/Vintage category.
YetiSeti

Postby machinecoder on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 pm

YetiSeti wrote:I reckon C64 computers are the most common to appear for sale on trademe after the Amiga 500.

Funny you should post that, as I have often refered to 'Trademe/Vintage/Computers'
as the C64 and Amiga section of Trademe.
machinecoder

Return to Introductions