Any old AT cases

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

Re: Any old AT cases

Postby recycled on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

manuka wrote:If you're still after an AT case with an LCD front I have three, I'm not worried about the internals so think of them as a bonus. I'm going to put them up on trademe for a start price of $20 so I can let you know when I do if you are keen on one

Just a hint, he wants that exact case you've got photographed there if you're serious about the contents are included! The voodoo 2 card is enough to get anybody's interest! You got the cable for it? Otherwise I'll give it a very good home as I have all the associated gear and a partner for a vintage SLI setup! Actually that's one tidy box there. Very nice.
recycled

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm

That's the exact model of case I'd have been selling you too, 'cept mine have smoked acrylic panels rather than grey like that. If you don't end up wanting that Voodoo2 hook a brother up, I have one here and it's lonely ;)
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't have any :P Most of my Pentium boxes are running onboard graphics :cry:

If acquired, I'd be transfering the contents of that machine in to another case I have as it'd be quite the upgrade (talking about the Pentium tower I pulled out of a rubbish skip last year).
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I think this raises a very valid point, between recycled and I we both want more Voodoos... is this a sign that the computers of my highschool years which aren't technically vintage are now regaining value? Hmmm... suddenly the idea of a pre-millennium retro themed LAN party sounds a lot more expensive.
Carcenomy

Postby SpidersWeb on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Yeah dedicated gamer parts are getting harder to come by. Most Pentium machines I've found are just generic HP or Compaq types. I remember saving up and buying my VooDoo 2 12Mb when I was younger - but I haven't seen one in person since.

A guy in my building at work has a garage full of goodies, and it looks like he's going to let me bring the station wagon around and fill up - apparently 8088's, 286s,386s,RS/6000's,Sun and more - but if I find any spare VooDoo action lying about I'll be sure to pass them on to you guys. Can't wait to see what's in there, and what he'll part with.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Carcenomy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Some time in the autumn I'm going to be organizing that pre-millennium LAN party. I'm still undecided on the rig to take: my K6-2 that I built as the clone of my highschool gaming rig or build something a little more exotic... there's a nice ASUS P2B-D 440BX board with a pair of Slot 1 Pentium III 800 Coppermines there... hmmmmmm... ;)
Carcenomy

Postby manuka on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am

recycled wrote:
manuka wrote:If you're still after an AT case with an LCD front I have three, I'm not worried about the internals so think of them as a bonus. I'm going to put them up on trademe for a start price of $20 so I can let you know when I do if you are keen on one

Just a hint, he wants that exact case you've got photographed there if you're serious about the contents are included! The voodoo 2 card is enough to get anybody's interest! You got the cable for it? Otherwise I'll give it a very good home as I have all the associated gear and a partner for a vintage SLI setup! Actually that's one tidy box there. Very nice.

Oh really we usually bin card of that era, will have to start keeping a few back, :D there's no cable with that card but they do come in from time to time with cable attached. I will try and get those three cases up on trademe today just as long as I don't get inundated with other stuff to do.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka

Postby cjr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 pm

I have a voodoo2 if someone wants it, not sure how much ram. (WLG)
trademe:cjr
cjr

Postby recycled on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 pm

manuka wrote:Oh really we usually bin card of that era

...and that would be why there are so few of them about!

And then - how can you be so cruel as to brag about it here on the vintage computer forums. You are inhuman.
recycled

Postby SpidersWeb on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

lol
If only I had stored the computers I had when I was younger (we're talking computers covering a floor stacked 2-3 high on average, but the responsible people told me it was junk and I had to get rid of it! Fools.

Well with those two AT auctions, I think I'll be sorted for my 486 case. Few other good clones up too, cheers manuka :D
Radar is sending me some goodies too which is pretty epic, and the guy in my building is stacking up machines for me to pickup (hoping this weekend). He said 'would you take a PS/2?' Of course!

It feels like a late Christmas.
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Previous

Return to Vintage Items Wanted