Apple Lisa booting help

Seek advice, give advice or tell others about your repair and restoration projects

Re: Apple Lisa booting help

Postby Divix798 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 am

tezza wrote:Excellent! Sounds like you're well on the way to getting on top of the problem.

Hey Tezz I got the MW + system discs from a helpful member over at the Int. Vintage Computer Forums and re-initialized the Profile drive. Problem solved. It boots normally and no more repeating loops :D Another Lisa back from the dead :D Thanks for all your help. I tried to initialize the Widget but no luck with the software. Im just going to put it on the shelf for now and look for another Widget/parts or find a tech that used to work on them. Thanks again,

Cheers,

Nick,
Divix798

Postby Divix798 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 am

arjoll wrote:
Divix798 wrote:Yes I used Tri-flow synthetic grease that is a very light clear lubricant. Ill try a Silicon grease if that is not recommended.

Silicon was just a stab - as long as you're not relying on WD40 and using a real lubricant then use what works! I'm not familiar with Lisa drives at all (my only contact with a Lisa was playing with one at a local A&P show in the early 80's!) so it's probably best you check on the Vintage Computer Forums to see what the consensus there is.

Ok good. I really like the Tri-flow products. I use the grease, the light-weight oils on my RC stuff/bikes ect.
Divix798

Postby tezza on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am

Divix798 wrote:
tezza wrote:Excellent! Sounds like you're well on the way to getting on top of the problem.

Hey Tezz I got the MW + system discs from a helpful member over at the Int. Vintage Computer Forums and re-initialized the Profile drive. Problem solved. It boots normally and no more repeating loops :D Another Lisa back from the dead :D Thanks for all your help. I tried to initialize the Widget but no luck with the software. Im just going to put it on the shelf for now and look for another Widget/parts or find a tech that used to work on them. Thanks again,

Awesome!!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Repair and Restoration