Introduction

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Introduction

Postby saldali on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:50 am

Hello all,

Terry's been kind enough to accept my registration, although I'm so far away.
I'm Alexandre from Portugal. I'm not such an vintage computer hobbyist but I've taken some interest in the subject on account of having recently revived my old university companion - a Philips NMS TC100, 8088 xt clone - who'd gone sick from a shorted capacitor. I was just about to part from my old friend, when I somehow found and removed the shorted little sucker, thus bringing the patient back to life. That made me very happy and now I can inspire awe in my friends and family as they gaze at that amber Hercules screen, the likes of which they'd never seen.

Last week I was given another beauty, a T3200SX 8kg "laptop" which I plan on carrying to work someday, in my best manner of factly fashion ;)

I'm keen on asking the experts some tips about my two machines, which I'll be doing in just a while.

Again thank you Terry and all members for all the valueable information I got just from lurking in these fora.

Regards
A.Salvador
saldali

Re: Introduction

Postby Gibsaw on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 am

Welcome fellow tinkerer. Stirling job on reviving the old laptop. Even better to hear it's still an active machine. :)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: Introduction

Postby tezza on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Welcome to the forums Alexandre.

I used to have a Toshiba 4700 at one time. Lovely machine.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions