CGA monitor

Please post details of what you are looking for here.

CGA monitor

Postby David on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi im after one old 9 pin color CGA monitor i wood like to use it with my Spark laptop if any one can help out wood be good.

David B
David

Re: CGA monitor

Postby SpidersWeb on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:55 pm

If you find one for a fair price, consider yourself a lucky man :)

I spent (if memory serves) something like $300 and got a single IBM CGA, but for my clone XT's with CGA I've resorted to leeching off the RGB monitors (used by Commodore etc) which have the DIN connector. You can use the Commodore 128D CGA cable (not hard to find, or make your own) and often they work perfectly as a CGA display (1084S definitely does, some others may need certain switches changed, and some may not support the signaling). Just passing that on in case you don't find one and need an alternative.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Re: CGA monitor

Postby David on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:54 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:If you find one for a fair price, consider yourself a lucky man :)

I spent (if memory serves) something like $300 and got a single IBM CGA, but for my clone XT's with CGA I've resorted to leeching off the RGB monitors (used by Commodore etc) which have the DIN connector. You can use the Commodore 128D CGA cable (not hard to find, or make your own) and often they work perfectly as a CGA display (1084S definitely does, some others may need certain switches changed, and some may not support the signaling). Just passing that on in case you don't find one and need an alternative.

thanks i know it will be hard to find but you never no when one will popup, I dont have any commodore monitors to use
and i am no good at soldering. I will get one just have to keep looking around.
David

Return to Vintage Items Wanted