An Introductions Thread

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Re: An Introductions Thread

Postby Gibsaw on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 am

I know... I think everyone here saw how much I FAILED (I'm not over it yet. Can you tell?) to buy that IIgs for... And I haven't even seen an Apple IIe on for a long time. And when you do, they seem to be american imports, which seems odd given the crippling freight costs...

It leads me to believe the sad truth that probably most of the PAL Apple IIe's in NZ are in landfills. (Because there were no "e-waste" programs at the time most people would have been disposing of them... It would have been the "inorganic")

... :(
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Re: An Introductions Thread

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 am

Gibsaw wrote:... And if you're the person who picked up a pair of Apple IIe's from Waterview, Auckland back around 1998/9, then I'd love them back if you're done with them. :D

There's been quite a few people join here since I've joined, so this is just a bump/nudge... It's totally and utterly unrealistic, but I would still love to find the collector who picked up my IIe's from waterview in the late 90's. I don't need the machines, but the box of diskettes (an old cream coloured recipe filer with a rainbow apple sticker on it's clear top) is what I would love to get my hands on.

There were some cool and interesting applesoft programs I wrote in there. :)
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Previous

Return to Introductions