hi from france

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

hi from france

Postby speedrunspirit on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:13 pm

hello everyone ,excuse my english I'm from France , passionate about video games retro , I prefer to play asteroids , pac -man , mariobros , Probotector , supermario , galaga ... ( 3d I love racing games and sports ) that I love about computers is to play their video games but also be bored to run the softwares ( by emulation, it's not good I know but for years 75-95 it's good no ?) and find out about the history of systems with their characteristics and their design, their fan club, ca commend me in the mood of my youth with the war of different systems or he could there be dozens of computers and dozens of consoles competing with each exclusive games and even then the game completely different but bringing a new gameplay experience and a different one system to another, it was a beautiful full age of innovation, research and choice, now it is limited to 3 consoles and 3 kinds computer (windows , apple, android ) with the same game slightly different years

what I want is to know the different systems with their own games or different variations and not just playing but put me in the mood of the era looking magazines and advertisements epochs , see what types happened to program in BASIC in 2 weeks in their room , can not forget that time and save

the pacific has a systems and software that are worth, I count on you to enlighten me
speedrunspirit

Re: hi from france

Postby tezza on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi and welcome,

Certainly the microbee was a unique Australian Computer. New Zealand had it's POLY but that was exclusively a school computer. Then there was the general purpose Dick Smith System 80
http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/system-80/ . It was quite popular here between in '81 and '82 but wasn't exclusively Australasian. It was also sold in Europe as the video genie.

New Zealand didn't have it's own "home" computer that I know of. Vic 20s, Commodore 64s and Sinclair Spectrums were all popular in the day.
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Re: hi from france

Postby RonTurner on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:40 pm

I completely agree :D

In the 80's computers where about colour and sound, cool games and variation, then IBM came along and killed it
with boring beige business boxes and green screens. The release of Win-slow was really the end of an era :x

The word "clone" actually sums up the 90's nicely for me. :(

The VZ200 had a small cult following in New Zealand quite a few user groups popped up throughout the country
RonTurner

Return to Introductions