Mark from Auckland

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Mark from Auckland

Postby Mark B on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I had an Amiga A500 which I bought in 1989 and used it through to 1996 and then stupidly gave it all away along with a ton of games.

As I'm turning 50 next year, I am experiencing a touch of nostalgia and have spent hours watching youtube clips of Monkey Island, Stunt Car racer, Lemmings, Shadow of the Beast and Kick Off. I am originally from the UK arriving here in 2006 and I am returning home for a visit in December. I have bought an A500 on Ebay over there and will bring it home with me.

My intention is to start from scratch and build up a good working knowledge on the A500 and build greater capacity into the machine, although it seems a bit daunting. I am a also on the look out for a GVP A500 hard drive, if anyone out there knows where to source one.I also had an impulse purchase of a
Commodore-Amiga 500 Compact-Flash-CF-Special-4-GB-Hard-Drive, which requires much more hardware than is in my Amiga which has Kickstart 1.3. so may pass this on when it arrives.

Anyway thanks me, the complete novice.

Mark B

Re: Mark from Auckland

Postby tezza on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am

Welcome to the forums Mark!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles:
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
Site Admin

Postby acsi on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:39 pm

I don't have a GVP one but do have an A590 which I'm going to list soon.
'acsi' on trademe

Postby Mark B on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Cool will keep an eye out. :D
Mark B

Return to Introductions